Borland Delphi 6 - Installation problem

Im having a problem installing "Borland Delphi 6 Enterprise Edition".

I always get this Error while installing : Internal Error 2349

The installation disk works on my friends computer. We had no problems installing Delphi 6 on his computer. But when I try to install it on my computer I get an Error.

Is there anyone who knows what the problem is or has an idea what the problem could be?

PS: It is not the CD Drive

Re:Borland Delphi 6 - Installation problem

Re:Borland Delphi 6 - Installation problem

Eraser,

That error is a MSI error with the message:
  Copy Resumed with Different Info

What OS are you installing on?  Do you have full administrative rights?  Did you disable your virus software prior to launching the install?

Eraser2k wrote:
> Im having a problem installing "Borland Delphi 6 Enterprise Edition".

> I always get this Error while installing : Internal Error 2349

> Is there anyone who knows what the problem is or has an idea what the problem could be?

> PS: It is not the CD Drive

Regards,
Angel

--
Please visit our online support pages at
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/

 Angel Martinez (Borland Software Corporation)

 http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Don't miss the 13th Annual Borland? Conference, May 18-22
in Anaheim, California. Hundreds of sessions are being
offered  to help you enable the new digital world  with
best-in-class solutions for Web Services, Java?
technologies, mobile and enterprise computing, cross-platform
development, .NET? and J2EE?  platform technologies, and more!
Register today! http://www.borland.com/conf2002

Re:Borland Delphi 6 - Installation problem

Angel

I am currently using WinXP Pro. I have full administrative rights and I do not have a virus program Installed.

I managed to Install "Borland Delphi 6" just a few minutes ago.
Heres what I did...Maybee you can answer the question why it worked.

I have 2 partiotions on my HDD (C:\ & D:\). I copied the delphi installation disk to my D:\ drive and tried to install it from there. But I got the same error (Internal error 2349).
Then I copied the installation disk to the C:\ drive and tried to install it from there - IT WORKED :)

I do not know why it worked to install it from the C:\ drive when it did not work to install it from the D:\ drive or the CD Drive.

Maybee you know the answer?

"Angel Martinez (Borland)" <supporti...@borland.com> wrote:

>Eraser,

>That error is a MSI error with the message:
>  Copy Resumed with Different Info

>What OS are you installing on?  Do you have full administrative rights?  Did you disable your virus software prior to launching the install?

Other Threads