EAccessViolation - at address 004773F2 - Read of address FFFFFFFF - using datamodule

I get the exeception class EAccessVilation with message

'EAccess violation at address 004773F2 in module 'FURNMAN.EXE'. Read of
address FFFFFFFF'

when I run my application. (I am working with Delphi3.0 in design mode).

I occurs the first time I try and access my datamodule, but the application
SEEMS to execute OK after that.

Can anyone please help solve this problem, thanks in advance.

Re:EAccessViolation - at address 004773F2 - Read of address FFFFFFFF - using datamodule

> 'EAccess violation at address 004773F2 in module 'FURNMAN.EXE'. Read of
> address FFFFFFFF'

> when I run my application. (I am working with Delphi3.0 in design mode).

> I occurs the first time I try and access my datamodule, but the application
> SEEMS to execute OK after that.

    You usually get that exception when you try to access something that wasn't
created yet.
    You are probably trying to call your datamodule BEFORE it is created.

    See ya!
    Tulius Lima

Re:EAccessViolation - at address 004773F2 - Read of address FFFFFFFF - using datamodule

Leon sinagra a crit dans le message
<01bd7e15$1cc18720$8b252...@sinagra.nettrek.com.au>...

>I get the exeception class EAccessVilation with message

>'EAccess violation at address 004773F2 in module 'FURNMAN.EXE'. Read of
>address FFFFFFFF'

>when I run my application. (I am working with Delphi3.0 in design mode).

>I occurs the first time I try and access my datamodule, but the application
>SEEMS to execute OK after that.

>Can anyone please help solve this problem, thanks in advance.

In your project code, you have to write the Create method of your Data
Module before the Create method of your main form.

jp passama

Other Threads