ADO integration problems

Hi All,

I have a D5 app working with Paradox and BDE, at this moment, I need to
change to MS Access 97 and I like to incorporate ADO in order to use the
latest version of MS Access 2000 or SQL Server 2000, but unfortunately I
have had a problem.

When I use the ADOQuery I have needed to changes the LockType property to
ltReadOnly because if I put the LockType property to ltOptimistic the app
send me the exception

         Either BOF or EOF is True, or the currenct record has been deleted.
Requested operatios requires a current record.

Now, This exception is showed by ADO whe I use ADOTable too, but I cannot
change the LockType property to ltReadOnly because I need to insert or
update the table.

Thanks to all.
Jorge Elton

Re:ADO integration problems

Thank you Brian, I did not know the existance of this section, I am going to
post the message in this section, and you are ok I am using MDAC 2.60.6526.0

"Brian Bushay TeamB" <BBus...@Nmpls.com> escribi en el mensaje

> >When I use the ADOQuery I have needed to changes the LockType property to
> >ltReadOnly because if I put the LockType property to ltOptimistic the app
> >send me the exception

> >         Either BOF or EOF is True, or the currenct record has been
deleted.
> >Requested operatios requires a current record.
> You should be posting this in the ADO section and you should be providing
more
> information.  My guess is that you are using Mdac 2.6 and are running into
a but
> it introduced.   If that is the case you need to apply the ADOexpress
informal
> update

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:ADO integration problems

>When I use the ADOQuery I have needed to changes the LockType property to
>ltReadOnly because if I put the LockType property to ltOptimistic the app
>send me the exception

>         Either BOF or EOF is True, or the currenct record has been deleted.
>Requested operatios requires a current record.

You should be posting this in the ADO section and you should be providing more
information.  My guess is that you are using Mdac 2.6 and are running into a but
it introduced.   If that is the case you need to apply the ADOexpress informal
update

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com