Importing VB COM components (not Controls) into Delphi

We have a developer that has created a COM component in VB which
displays some screens and does some other processing.  He drops the COM
component on his form, but it has no GUI interface.  The forms show via
method calls.

If I try to import the type library or installing it as a control, I get
OLE error 800A01A9 when I try to call any methods of the component.
Also, in Delphi 3, the component does not have a design time
representation.  Its height and width are 0,0.  In VB, it appears as a
square with the appropriate icon inside representing it.  In Delphi 4,
it seems corrected when you install as a control.  It appears as a
sizeable square with the icon inside.  The error number above appears
when we run it in D3 or D4.

Any ideas how to import a VB COM control into Delphi?

TIA

Re:Importing VB COM components (not Controls) into Delphi

Hello,

Is it possible that the control is using features that are available only
within the VB environment? Things like Ambient Properties or Parent Form
access in VB is not transportable to Delphi. I would try to port it first to
VC++, if that works, then there's no reason it shouldn't work in Delphi.

have fun

--
Binh Ly
Brickhouse Data Systems, Inc.

Kyle Miller wrote in message <35B3CB44.8D1FF...@iname.com>...
>We have a developer that has created a COM component in VB which
>displays some screens and does some other processing.  He drops the COM
>component on his form, but it has no GUI interface.  The forms show via
>method calls.

>If I try to import the type library or installing it as a control, I get
>OLE error 800A01A9 when I try to call any methods of the component.
>Also, in Delphi 3, the component does not have a design time
>representation.  Its height and width are 0,0.  In VB, it appears as a
>square with the appropriate icon inside representing it.  In Delphi 4,
>it seems corrected when you install as a control.  It appears as a
>sizeable square with the icon inside.  The error number above appears
>when we run it in D3 or D4.

>Any ideas how to import a VB COM control into Delphi?

>TIA

Other Threads