DCOM: Can I create all COM objects as DCOM object

Hello,
I want to create ispmaster object (ispmast.dll) on NT machine from dcom
client. I registered ispmast.dll in delphi (client side) and call with the
following code
procedure abc;
var
        rmtObj:  IISPMaster2;
begin
        rmtObj :=       rmtObj :=
coISPMaster2.CreateRemote('RemoteMachine');

end;
Program raises exception "class not registered".
Also on NT side, when I run dcomcnfg. the ISPMaster object is not listed in
the list. How can I add ispmaster object to this list.
Thanks.

Re:DCOM: Can I create all COM objects as DCOM object

I usually execute the following command for my server at the NT server
from the startup choose Run and type in:
"D:\server name.dll" /regserver   //d:\ is the path to the server

good luck
Omar

tunca <bbm...@hacettepe.edu.tr> wrote in message news:3998ec6a_1@dnews...
> Hello,
> I want to create ispmaster object (ispmast.dll) on NT machine from dcom
> client. I registered ispmast.dll in delphi (client side) and call with the
> following code
> procedure abc;
> var
>         rmtObj:  IISPMaster2;
> begin
>         rmtObj :=       rmtObj :=
> coISPMaster2.CreateRemote('RemoteMachine');

> end;
> Program raises exception "class not registered".
> Also on NT side, when I run dcomcnfg. the ISPMaster object is not listed
in
> the list. How can I add ispmaster object to this list.
> Thanks.

Re:DCOM: Can I create all COM objects as DCOM object

By default, DLL COM objects cannot be instantiated remotely. You have to
host DLL COM servers into an EXE such as MTS or DLLHost for this to work.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
http://www.techvanguards.com

"tunca" <bbm...@hacettepe.edu.tr> wrote in message news:3998ec6a_1@dnews...
> Hello,
> I want to create ispmaster object (ispmast.dll) on NT machine from dcom
> client. I registered ispmast.dll in delphi (client side) and call with the
> following code
> procedure abc;
> var
>         rmtObj:  IISPMaster2;
> begin
>         rmtObj :=       rmtObj :=
> coISPMaster2.CreateRemote('RemoteMachine');

> end;
> Program raises exception "class not registered".
> Also on NT side, when I run dcomcnfg. the ISPMaster object is not listed
in
> the list. How can I add ispmaster object to this list.
> Thanks.

Other Threads