Delpi DirectX vs C++ DirectX apps

Has anyone tried to do the same small application using DirectX in
both C++ and Delphi?

I am currently learning C++/Windows/DirectX.  I am finding it a
tremendous amount of infromatoin to {*word*88} down.

I am going to download the Delphi demo, but I was just curious if
anyone has any experience using Delphi for heavily graphical
applications, not just games but for multimedia stuff as well.

Thanks,

:)

Re:Delpi DirectX vs C++ DirectX apps

James MacLeod wrote:

> Has anyone tried to do the same small application using DirectX in
> both C++ and Delphi?

> I am currently learning C++/Windows/DirectX.  I am finding it a
> tremendous amount of infromatoin to {*word*88} down.

> I am going to download the Delphi demo, but I was just curious if
> anyone has any experience using Delphi for heavily graphical
> applications, not just games but for multimedia stuff as well.

Delphi is *perfect* for multimedia applications. I used Authorware and
Director before, but it took ten times as long time to do the same
applications with them as it now takes with Delphi! And the programs
runs much faster. So I must say that Delphi is the best language
available for creating multimedia applications in!

And yes, I have worked a little with DirectX in Delphi, too. It's just
such a new system (DirectX), and that's probably why we don't know
exactly how to use it with Delphi. I hope Borland will include support
for DirectX in Delphi'97.

--
================
Mattias Welander, Sweden

Mattias Welander wrote:

> James MacLeod wrote:

> > Has anyone tried to do the same small application using DirectX in
> > both C++ and Delphi?

> > I am currently learning C++/Windows/DirectX.  I am finding it a
> > tremendous amount of infromatoin to {*word*88} down.

> > I am going to download the Delphi demo, but I was just curious if
> > anyone has any experience using Delphi for heavily graphical
> > applications, not just games but for multimedia stuff as well.

> Delphi is *perfect* for multimedia applications. I used Authorware and
> Director before, but it took ten times as long time to do the same
> applications with them as it now takes with Delphi! And the programs
> runs much faster. So I must say that Delphi is the best language
> available for creating multimedia applications in!

> And yes, I have worked a little with DirectX in Delphi, too. It's just
> such a new system (DirectX), and that's probably why we don't know
> exactly how to use it with Delphi. I hope Borland will include support
> for DirectX in Delphi'97.

> --
> ================
> Mattias Welander, Sweden
> ------------------------
> c96ma...@und.ida.liu.se
> http://www-und.ida.liu.se/~c96matwe/

I hope so too !!!!

Allan

jmacl...@axionet.com (James MacLeod) wrote:

>Has anyone tried to do the same small application using DirectX in
>both C++ and Delphi?

This month's issue of Game Developer has an article describing the use
of DirectX with Delphi. BTW, the article is by Charles Calvert who has
a chapter in Delphi Unleashed about DirectX.
Rick Austin
Rick.Aus...@atl.mindspring.com
www.mindspring.com/~raustin

Re:Delpi DirectX vs C++ DirectX apps

check out www.sage-inc.com.  They have some Delphi components for
DirectX up to 2.0.  I think they're working on 3.0 right now.  They
don't have the 3D yet, but they're working on it.

Iman L. Crawford
ilcrw...@aracnet.com

Nobody move, or everyone gets hurt!
 - some guy from the Tick.