Is TTimer the right choice?

If I want an event to be triggered in a program at the same time every
Sunday night, is TTimer the best or only choice within Delphi 3
without selecting a third party component?

Re:Is TTimer the right choice?

Hi Mark,

please note, that the ttimer will stop working as long as you move your
window for instance.
And its under the influence of other processes as well.
At least you have to use the timer in combination with the 'now'
function to make your app a bit more precisious.
The best way in my opinion would be, to create a thread, which looks for
the actual date/time. This will be the most independend solution!

Greetings C.H. Germany

In article <3635f423.12934...@news.swbell.net> info...@swbell.net (Mark Shapiro) writes:
>From: info...@swbell.net (Mark Shapiro)
>Subject: Is TTimer the right choice?
>Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:27:10 GMT
>If I want an event to be triggered in a program at the same time every
>Sunday night, is TTimer the best or only choice within Delphi 3
>without selecting a third party component?

Is the program ALWAYS running? If so you can use the TTimer. Choose a low
resolution (The Timer does not need to fire 100 times per second...) and
check TDateTime in the OnTimer-event.

Daniel

Other Threads