Paradox .NET files and pdxusrs.lck files

Hi,

Can you please explain to us where the .NET and pdxusrs.lck should be
placed if the Delphi data and apps is installed on a server PC on a
peer to peer network (windows 95) and the apps is installed on a few
workstations with their BDE aliases pointing to the data directory on
the server's drive.
Is there certain files that are created by default that should be
moved or deleted?

Is there any other settings in BDE and the Delphi source code is
required to make this work right?

Thanx for your expert advice

Christo Botha

Re:Paradox .NET files and pdxusrs.lck files

You have no control over where .LCK files are created.  The BDE will create
them in the data directory and the private directory.

For instructions on configuring the NetDir setting of the Paradox driver
using the BDE Administrator see TI2989 at
www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list. You must also set Local Share to
True in the BDE Administrator.

--
Bill

Re:Paradox .NET files and pdxusrs.lck files

Please see Borland TI #2989 via the following link.
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list/TI2989.html

-SynTap

>Hi,

>Can you please explain to us where the .NET and pdxusrs.lck should be
>placed if the Delphi data and apps is installed on a server PC on a
>peer to peer network (windows 95) and the apps is installed on a few
>workstations with their BDE aliases pointing to the data directory on
>the server's drive.
>Is there certain files that are created by default that should be
>moved or deleted?

>Is there any other settings in BDE and the Delphi source code is
>required to make this work right?

>Thanx for your expert advice

>Christo Botha

Other Threads