*.LCK Files

    Why is that the *.LCK files are erased ? I have an application
working in a peer to peer network with Paradox tables; there are 2
computers on the network and the tables are in Computer 1, sometimes
when the application is closed the files PDOXUSR.LCK and PARADOX.LCK are
erased from Computer 1 and the application cant keep working because it
cant find this files.

    What could be the problem ???

Thanks,,,

Alonso Lpez Ordu?o
mailto:alop...@imparcial.com.mx

Re:*.LCK Files

I believe it is normal for the lck files to be erased. Are both
computers "Net Dir" in the BDEAdmin/configuration/native/paradox
pointing to the same path?
Is this the 32 bit BDE?

srdani...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I believe it is normal for the lck files to be erased. Are both
> computers "Net Dir" in the BDEAdmin/configuration/native/paradox
> pointing to the same path?
> Is this the 32 bit BDE?

Yes, both computers are pointing to the same path for the "Net Dir" and
it is the 32 bit BDE.

Alonso Lpez Ordu?o
mailto:alop...@imparcial.com.mx

Re:*.LCK Files

Make sure that you have Local Share set to True on both machines.

--
Bill

Re:*.LCK Files

Alonso...

You state that the tables are on Computer 1...does this mean that you have
the bde net file pointed to something like this?

Computer1
c:\pdoxnet\pdoxusrs.net

Computer2
mapped to Computer1 c: drive as F drive.
f:\pdoxnet\pdoxusrs.net

If something like this is your setup...you need to change a couple of things
one...Computer 1 needs to assign a common drive letter that both Computer 1
and Computer 2 can use...ie. Drive F.  In Win95 use the Dos Assign command
to do this in the autoexec.bat

Change the bde in both machines to point to the new net file location.

It should look something like this when your finished.  Note they must share
a common drive mapping.

Computer1(using something like Dos Assign to map the drive)
f:\pdoxnet\pdoxusrs.net

Computer2(using Win95 mapping to map the drive)
f:\pdoxnet\pdoxusrs.net

Rick Peterson

P.S. Remember the exe, the data, and net file should all be in separate
directories.

Alonso Lpez wrote in message <3559F44B.8764E...@imparcial.com.mx>...
>    Why is that the *.LCK files are erased ? I have an application
>working in a peer to peer network with Paradox tables; there are 2
>computers on the network and the tables are in Computer 1, sometimes
>when the application is closed the files PDOXUSR.LCK and PARADOX.LCK are
>erased from Computer 1 and the application cant keep working because it
>cant find this files.

>    What could be the problem ???

>Thanks,,,

>--