Board index » delphi » Pdox Password - Urgent - Please Help!

Pdox Password - Urgent - Please Help!

Urgent Problem, can someone please help...

A young lady that works at one of the sites we have been working on has
sadly passed away last week. She has encrypted some Paradox Tables, of
which most we have managed to find out her passwords, except one.

This information is required, and we can't get it. We are working on
Paradox 4 tables. I know that their is apparently a 'master' password
that will enable us to get into this table, but I do not know it.

If you can help me, could you please respond to this by private email
at:
ah...@netconnect.com.au

Thank you for your help...

Adam

 

Re:Pdox Password - Urgent - Please Help!


I would try to find the password in the apps source code...

Adam Hair escribi en mensaje <35E09CC0.5...@netconnect.com.au>...

Quote
>Urgent Problem, can someone please help...

>A young lady that works at one of the sites we have been working on has
>sadly passed away last week. She has encrypted some Paradox Tables, of
>which most we have managed to find out her passwords, except one.

>This information is required, and we can't get it. We are working on
>Paradox 4 tables. I know that their is apparently a 'master' password
>that will enable us to get into this table, but I do not know it.

>If you can help me, could you please respond to this by private email
>at:
>ah...@netconnect.com.au

>Thank you for your help...

>Adam

Re:Pdox Password - Urgent - Please Help!


Ing. Jos Manuel Gmez-Ferrer y Reguero wrote:

Quote

> I would try to find the password in the apps source code...

Unfortuantly, she didn't design the source, it is just a table. We
designed
the source, and you enter the password from their, however someone has
kindly
helped me through with this, so all is OK now.

Thanks again

Adam

Re:Pdox Password - Urgent - Please Help!


Hi Adam,

are you saying you accessed the password protected Paradox table WITHOUT the
program source code ? I really hope, you only found someone who knew the old
password and didn't find a way to hack the table !!! I would really be
concerned about the protection of my tables then.

Thanks
Uwe

Adam Hair schrieb in Nachricht <35E1E363...@netconnect.com.au>...

Quote
>Ing. Jos Manuel Gmez-Ferrer y Reguero wrote:

>> I would try to find the password in the apps source code...

>Unfortuantly, she didn't design the source, it is just a table. We
>designed
>the source, and you enter the password from their, however someone has
>kindly
>helped me through with this, so all is OK now.

>Thanks again

>Adam

Re:Pdox Password - Urgent - Please Help!


Hi Uwe,
you _should_ be concerned. See the

"Paradox tables password broken" thread

appearing today in this newsgroup.

--
Roman
(please remove STOPSPAM. in header)
URL:  www.rksolution.cz (Delphi corner)
MAIL: I...@rksolution.cz

Quote
Uwe Molzahn wrote in message <6rtphf$g...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hi Adam,

>are you saying you accessed the password protected Paradox table WITHOUT
the
>program source code ? I really hope, you only found someone who knew the
old
>password and didn't find a way to hack the table !!! I would really be
>concerned about the protection of my tables then.

>Thanks
>Uwe

Re:Pdox Password - Urgent - Please Help!


Quote
Uwe Molzahn wrote:

> Hi Adam,

> are you saying you accessed the password protected Paradox table
> WITHOUT the program source code ? I really hope, you only found
> someone who knew the old password and didn't find a way to hack the
> table !!! I would really be concerned about the protection of my > tables then.

> Thanks
> Uwe

Their are companies that you can send your tables to, that will look
at the tables. They can find the password and let you know. A couple of
these exist on the net. Infact - I think that Borland may do this for
you themselves...

Regards
Adam

Re:Pdox Password - Urgent - Please Help!


try these

Paradox Windows - jIGGAe
Paradox DOS - nx66ppx

They're case sensitive

Quote

>A young lady that works at one of the sites we have been working on has
>sadly passed away last week. She has encrypted some Paradox Tables, of
>which most we have managed to find out her passwords, except one.

Tyler Brown
**************************
tybr...@tbrownassoc.com
TBROWN Associates, Inc.
http://www.tbrownassoc.com
**************************

Other Threads