A problem for Team2 (Database on a CD)

Problem with TQuery &  data stored on CD

Please Help..

Wonder if any one has a solution to this or is it a BDE bug.

I build a database APP that is to be stored Dbase data on CD and access the
data stored on the same CD Before this point we only used TTable for the
data access and they work fine from a CD-ROM.

My current project used TQuery to access the tables. I realize that TQuery
produce temporary tables which cannot be written on a CD. I used
DbSetPrivateDir() to redirect the creation of the temp tables to the hard
drive

I test my application by installing the program on a READ-ONLY zip drive.

The Application ran with out problem

I then test my application by installing the program on a READ-ONLY network
drive.

I get the following Error:

BDE throw the Exception.
Cannot access Directory
Permission Denied File: K:\TestDir\Pdoxusr.lck <<Why Pdoxusr? The database
is Dbase.
File or Directory does not exist

I found that if the EXE it self is on an unprotected drive. Even if the data
is on a protected drive. The Application will work.

I test my application on CD-ROM

I get the following Error:

BDE throw the exception.
Not Enough File Handles
Files or Directory does not exist
File: J:\Millpipe.dbf   <<<File do exist on the CD (J drive is the CD)
To many open files. You may need to increase MAXFILEHANDLE limit in IDAPI
configuration

Increasing the IDAPI.cfg Maxfile variable from 48 to 120 just make the app
last a little longer before the app throw the same Exception. After the
Exception is thrown all data access is invalid and throw more Exception.

Please Help ..

Please Reply to

StopSpamStopDead...@Bellsouth.net

Take the StopSpamStop to respond.