Writing to Serial Port ???

Hi,

I'm fairly new to all this, so please excuse me if this is a  simple
question.

I need to be able to write a character string to my serial port, but I
don't know how to do this. The strings are of variable length and will
control some equipment that accepts these characters as control
inputs.

How do I write to my serial port???

Thanks,

Pat

Re:Writing to Serial Port ???

The way I do it is by using a Serial Communications Component.
I am using Turbo Power Software's Async Professional component.
You can down load a trial version from their web site.

http://www.tpower.com

Mark G. Zeringue
m...@ix.netcom.com

BigDoggy <big...@woof.woof.com> wrote in article
<3285f79a.1441217...@netnews.worldnet.att.net>...

> Hi,

> I'm fairly new to all this, so please excuse me if this is a  simple
> question.

> How do I write to my serial port???

> Thanks,

> Pat

Re:Writing to Serial Port ???

Bigdoggy,

B > @FROM   :big...@woof.woof.com                                        N
B > @SUBJECT:Writing to Serial Port ???                                  N
B > @UMSGID :<3285f79a.1441217...@netnews.worldnet.att.net>              N
B > @UNEWSGR:01comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc                              N
B > Path:

>news.mandic.com.br!news.embratel.net.br!news.unisys.com.br!news.ironhorse.com!

sloth.swcp.com!ns2.mainstreet.net!news.pbi.net!news.mathworks.com!hunter.premie
r.net!netnews.worldnet.att.net!newsadm
B >From: big...@woof.woof.com (BigDoggy)
B >Newsgroups: comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc
B > Subject: Writing to Serial Port ???
B > Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 15:46:31 GMT
B >Organization: AT&T WorldNet Services
B > Lines: 15
B > Message-ID: <3285f79a.1441217...@netnews.worldnet.att.net>
B > Reply-To: big...@woof.woof.com
B > NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.116.33.82
B > X-Newsreader: Forte Agent .99e/32.227
B >
B >Hi,
B >
B >I'm fairly new to all this, so please excuse me if this is a  simple
B >question.
B >
B >I need to be able to write a character string to my serial port, but I
B >don't know how to do this. The strings are of variable length and will
B >control some equipment that accepts these characters as control
B >inputs.

    I've done that, but I think you have to use direct API calls, i.e.,
    OpenCom and all of windows API makes available. Look your API help.

    inte,
    Chico.

Other Threads