Minimize Animation Effect

I can't get my forms to use the window animation effects when
minimized/maximized. Is there a special property/method which enables
this effect? I have these effects turned on in TweakUI but it doesn't
seem to apply to my Delphi forms.

Re:Minimize Animation Effect

The VCL cannot do this.
When you minimize a (TForm derived) main window, it is just hidden, I think.
However, you can change a windows' behavior with these functions:

------------------------------
SystemparametersInfo( SPI_GETANIMATION, ... )

// set it on or off, as you like
SystemparametersInfo( SPI_SETANIMATION, ... )

ShowWindow( handle, showflag );

// restore the old state of the animation flag.
SystemparametersInfo( SPI_SETANIMATION, ... )
------------------------------

If you want the effect all the time.. you may also intercept the SC_MINIMIZE
command
in a WM_SYSCOMMAND message. I don't remember why and what, but Borland's
programmers had a reason to disable the animation.
It caused some problem w/ the VCL, I think.

More Delphi Tips at http://www.preview.org/e/help.shtml?n

Kevin Westhead wrote in message <355B7D79.1...@{*word*269}.net>...
>I can't get my forms to use the window animation effects when
>minimized/maximized. Is there a special property/method which enables
>this effect? I have these effects turned on in TweakUI but it doesn't
>seem to apply to my Delphi forms.

Other Threads