ODBC/Delphi 2.01/Access 7.0

I'm having difficulty inserting rows into an Access using an Insert
SQL statement via TQuery component. The row does get inserted, but the
program reports  'Record/Key Deleted' and must restart the program.
Any ideas?

Keith Rainey

Re:ODBC/Delphi 2.01/Access 7.0

Hi
I'm working with Delphi 2.01 Client/Server using SQL links to connect to
oracle 7.3 database (NT workgroup server), no problems there.

But if I try to connect with the oracle odbc driver then delphi
generates this error:
General SQL Error. [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Information type out
of range. Alias: MY_ALIAS_NAME.
This happens as it seems after the user is logged on but before the
database connection is made.

The odbc driver info:
Driver: Oracle73 (SQO32_73.DLL) Version: 1.15.0301

I thougt I had upgraded to BDE version 3.5 but the BDE DLL's are all
version 3.0 (BDE config is version 3.0).

Thanks
Sverrir

--
-----------------------_---_---_------------------------------------------
| Sverrir A.  Berg |  (_  (_) |_)  |  Electric Engineer - Gagnalind Inc
|
| s...@gagnalind.is |   _) | | |_)  | Borgartun 24, 105 Reykjavik ICELAND

Re:ODBC/Delphi 2.01/Access 7.0

"Sverrir A. Berg" <s...@gagnalind.is> wrote:

> Hi
> I'm working with Delphi 2.01 Client/Server using SQL links to connect to
> oracle 7.3 database (NT workgroup server), no problems there.

> But if I try to connect with the oracle odbc driver then delphi
> generates this error:
> General SQL Error. [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Information type out
> of range. Alias: MY_ALIAS_NAME.
> This happens as it seems after the user is logged on but before the
> database connection is made.

> The odbc driver info:
> Driver: Oracle73 (SQO32_73.DLL) Version: 1.15.0301

> I thougt I had upgraded to BDE version 3.5 but the BDE DLL's are all
> version 3.0 (BDE config is version 3.0).

That's the point: it's a bug in the BDE until version 3.12 included.
You definitely need to upgrade to 3.5 (that's included in the free SQL
Links 3.5 upgrade, which I recommend you to get too...)

Jasper

Re:ODBC/Delphi 2.01/Access 7.0

Sverrir A. Berg wrote:

> Hi
> I'm working with Delphi 2.01 Client/Server using SQL links to connect to
> oracle 7.3 database (NT workgroup server), no problems there.

> But if I try to connect with the oracle odbc driver then delphi
> generates this error:
> General SQL Error. [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Information type out
> of range. Alias: MY_ALIAS_NAME.
> This happens as it seems after the user is logged on but before the
> database connection is made.

> The odbc driver info:
> Driver: Oracle73 (SQO32_73.DLL) Version: 1.15.0301

> I thougt I had upgraded to BDE version 3.5 but the BDE DLL's are all
> version 3.0 (BDE config is version 3.0).

> Thanks
> Sverrir

Hi Sverrir,

Yes I too get that message withg ORACLES own ODBC driver (on Oracle7.2).
You could try a third party driver from OpenLink which works fine for
me or use SQL Links.

Other Threads