Newbie asks for SQL Book Recommendations

I am fairly new to Delphi and am having a real go round with learning both
Delphi & SQL. Getting a real good grip with Delphi but the books I have only
have passing references to SQL.

Could someone give me the Title and, if possible, the ISBN for some good
books on SQL?

TIA,

Will

Re:Newbie asks for SQL Book Recommendations

Will,

I just ordered a book called:
Client/Server Developer's Guide with Delphi 3 by Ken Henderson and Danny
Thorp.

It is hard to get, but I found a copy at:

http://shop.barnesandnoble.com

It sounds like the book I need, but I have NOT read it yet so I can't
say if it is any good or not.

Later,
Paul

Re:Newbie asks for SQL Book Recommendations

You might look at SQL for Dummies if you want an introductory book.  For a
rigorous treatment try Understanding the New SQL by Melton and Simon.

--
Bill

Re:Newbie asks for SQL Book Recommendations

>You might look at SQL for Dummies if you want an introductory book.  For a
>rigorous treatment try Understanding the New SQL by Melton and Simon.

I'll go by the bookstore & pick both up tomorrow.

Thanks,

Re:Newbie asks for SQL Book Recommendations

>Recommand "SQL Unleashed", published by SAMS.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Got the "SQL for Dummies"  ISBN 0-7645-0105-4 and SAMS "SQL Unleashed" ISBN
0-672-31133-X.

Plan on finishing the first one today and installed setup group from the
SAMS book. It has the SQL code on CD-ROM organized by chapters.

Am really impressed with the SAMS book. It has "Oracle Unleashed" and "MS
SQL Server 6.5 Unleashed" in HTML files, plus some trial versions of
software.

After reading these the two books, I should be adequately dangerous in SQL.

Thanks for the help.

Other Threads