Indy 9.0.11 from 'cvs'

Hi,

I downed it this morning, using a clean dir...
when running FullD6, I get:

C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\Source\Indy90>FullD6
Borland Delphi Version 14.0
Copyright (c) 1983,2002 Borland Software Corporation
IdCompressionIntercept.pas(14) Fatal: File not found: 'System.pas'
Borland Delphi Version 14.0
Copyright (c) 1983,2002 Borland Software Corporation
Indy60.dpk(30) Fatal: Required package 'rtl' not found
Error!

This is new to me...
What is going on?

Thanks,
Rory

Re:Indy 9.0.11 from 'cvs'

Hey Rory,

it seems that the library paths are wrong.

i don't really know much about the command line compiler, but maybe this
works:

  Fulld6.bat "" "/UC:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\lib"

Bas

"DJ Bo" <d...@gios.nl> wrote in message

| Hi,
|
| I downed it this morning, using a clean dir...
| when running FullD6, I get:
|
| C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\Source\Indy90>FullD6
| Borland Delphi Version 14.0
| Copyright (c) 1983,2002 Borland Software Corporation
| IdCompressionIntercept.pas(14) Fatal: File not found: 'System.pas'
| Borland Delphi Version 14.0
| Copyright (c) 1983,2002 Borland Software Corporation
| Indy60.dpk(30) Fatal: Required package 'rtl' not found
| Error!
|
| This is new to me...
| What is going on?
|
| Thanks,
| Rory

Re:Indy 9.0.11 from 'cvs'

Dear Bas,

Well sorry to say that that didn't do anything... :(

I've had messages about the @Entryproc thing but this one is nw to me.
At home everything works just fine...

have I screwed up my registry or something?
Really weird...

Rory

"Bas Gooijen" <bas_gooi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hey Rory,

> it seems that the library paths are wrong.

> i don't really know much about the command line compiler, but maybe this
> works:

>   Fulld6.bat "" "/UC:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\lib"

> Bas

> "DJ Bo" <d...@gios.nl> wrote in message
> | Hi,
> |
> | I downed it this morning, using a clean dir...
> | when running FullD6, I get:
> |
> | C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\Source\Indy90>FullD6
> | Borland Delphi Version 14.0
> | Copyright (c) 1983,2002 Borland Software Corporation
> | IdCompressionIntercept.pas(14) Fatal: File not found: 'System.pas'
> | Borland Delphi Version 14.0
> | Copyright (c) 1983,2002 Borland Software Corporation
> | Indy60.dpk(30) Fatal: Required package 'rtl' not found
> | Error!
> |
> | This is new to me...
> | What is going on?
> |
> | Thanks,
> | Rory

Re:Indy 9.0.11 from 'cvs'

This indicates that something is not right at all with your delphi paths.

You should find the rtl package in the Lib directory.

Also check that the directory it is in is listed in the Options >
Envrionment Settings > Paths ( I think ).

Andy

"DJ Bo" <d...@gios.nl> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I downed it this morning, using a clean dir...
> when running FullD6, I get:

> C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\Source\Indy90>FullD6
> Borland Delphi Version 14.0
> Copyright (c) 1983,2002 Borland Software Corporation
> IdCompressionIntercept.pas(14) Fatal: File not found: 'System.pas'
> Borland Delphi Version 14.0
> Copyright (c) 1983,2002 Borland Software Corporation
> Indy60.dpk(30) Fatal: Required package 'rtl' not found
> Error!

> This is new to me...
> What is going on?

> Thanks,
> Rory

Re:Indy 9.0.11 from 'cvs'

Dear Andy,

> This indicates that something is not right at all with your delphi paths.

That's what we thought too.

But we have never seen this before...
So we started to check things out with another machine (identical)
My machine (A) has the exact same environment settings as the other machine (B)
A even has the same path as B (because it's actually a cloned machine :)

We've searched through the registry, but all we could find was a difference in
the registration info.
The rest is the same...
However, My machine is the only one in the building that has RTL2 update for
D6EE
The others don't. I was wondering if this could have something to do with it.

I'll give the 'fix' function a go (windows installer)

I'll let you know what I came up with...

Rory

Re:Indy 9.0.11 from 'cvs'

Well that did the trick.

I don't know WHAT changed in the last two weeks, but the repair function of
Borlands installer fixed it anyways....

Thank again guys...

Rory

Re:Indy 9.0.11 from 'cvs'

> Well that did the trick.

> I don't know WHAT changed in the last two weeks, but the repair function
of
> Borlands installer fixed it anyways....

> Thank again guys...

> Rory

Hehe - a quirk in Windows? Wouldn't be the first ;)

What version of Delphi do you normally run? (Only asking, as I am playing
with an installer system for Indy..)

--
*-*-*-*
Open Source VCS, based on FTP!

Re:Indy 9.0.11 from 'cvs'

Andy,

I am using Windows XP Corp Edition (SP1), Delphi 6 Enterprise Update 2 RTL 2

If you create the installer, users of D6 must be 'notified' somehow NOT to
install the Indy comps delivered with it ..
Anyways, leaving them out doesn't always 'solve' problems, as .dcu files will
still be installed in $(DELPHI)\Lib :(

Hope this helps
Cheers,
Rory

Re:Indy 9.0.11 from 'cvs'

Ta for the information.

The theory is the installer should be able to work out if you have a
previous version of indy installed, and if, should be able to warn you about
it / clean up...
At least, thats the theory...

--
*-*-*-*
Open Source VCS, based on FTP!

> Andy,

> I am using Windows XP Corp Edition (SP1), Delphi 6 Enterprise Update 2 RTL
2

> If you create the installer, users of D6 must be 'notified' somehow NOT to
> install the Indy comps delivered with it ..
> Anyways, leaving them out doesn't always 'solve' problems, as .dcu files
will
> still be installed in $(DELPHI)\Lib :(

> Hope this helps
> Cheers,