create a database at run-time

How does one create a database at run-time?

Thanks

Gilles Baatsen

Re:create a database at run-time

  Use CreateTable (or TableCreate....  now I don't remember which...)  --  Look
it up in the help files (there's an example as well...)

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

Gilles Baatsen wrote in message <714o89$nl...@newnews.nl.uu.net>...
>How does one create a database at run-time?

>Thanks

>Gilles Baatsen

Re:create a database at run-time

No, this is to create a table, not a database. I want to create a ms Access
database. After I created that, I will have to use CreateTable to create the
tables.

Does anyone know how to create the database?

(by the way, thanks anyway)

Gilles.

Jason Wallace wrote in message <3635fea...@news.greatbasin.net>...
>  Use CreateTable (or TableCreate....  now I don't remember which...)  --
Look
>it up in the help files (there's an example as well...)

>--
>Jason Wallace
>SL Software
>Dark...@SLSoftware.reno.nv.us
>--
>"We are Microsoft.  You will be assimilated.  Resistance is Futile."
>--

>Gilles Baatsen wrote in message <714o89$nl...@newnews.nl.uu.net>...
>>How does one create a database at run-time?

>>Thanks

>>Gilles Baatsen

Re:create a database at run-time

Hi

Database, or Table?

If you want to create a table, using TTable.CreateTable is fine.

If you want to create a database, do one of the following:
1 Specify the file path in the AliasName property of your TDatabase
component
2. Use TDatabase.Session. The TSession component has many valuable methods
that you can use to create, modify, or delete aliases and drivers (more or
less anything SQL Explorer can do)

Kind Regards,
Cobus Kruger

Jason Wallace wrote in message <3635fea...@news.greatbasin.net>...
>  Use CreateTable (or TableCreate....  now I don't remember which...)  --

>Gilles Baatsen wrote in message <714o89$nl...@newnews.nl.uu.net>...
>>How does one create a database at run-time?

Re:create a database at run-time

What I don't see is how I can create a database by setting or creating an
alias...????
Anyone?
Cobus Kruger wrote in message <716nnj$k4...@news01.iafrica.com>...
>Hi

>Database, or Table?

>If you want to create a table, using TTable.CreateTable is fine.

>If you want to create a database, do one of the following:
>1 Specify the file path in the AliasName property of your TDatabase
>component
>2. Use TDatabase.Session. The TSession component has many valuable methods
>that you can use to create, modify, or delete aliases and drivers (more or
>less anything SQL Explorer can do)

>Kind Regards,
>Cobus Kruger

>Jason Wallace wrote in message <3635fea...@news.greatbasin.net>...
>>  Use CreateTable (or TableCreate....  now I don't remember which...)  --

>>Gilles Baatsen wrote in message <714o89$nl...@newnews.nl.uu.net>...
>>>How does one create a database at run-time?

Other Threads