Accessing printer port

Hi,

I would like to write a program (service, device driver or DLL) that
can read and write to the printer port. I want to be able to control an
external device via LPT1. I am using Delphi 3 to do my windows
programming, and I know that you cannot directly access hardware (eg.
printerports). I would like to know how one can access the printerport,
the other programming should not be too much hassle.

Thank you very much.
--
Christo Crause
Thermal Separations Research

Re:Accessing printer port

Christo,

take a look at TVicPort/TVicLPT at
http://www.entechtaiwan.com/tools.htm

-Victor

On 15 May 1998 08:48:19 GMT, ccra...@ing.sun.ac.za (Christo Crause)
wrote:

>Hi,

>I would like to write a program (service, device driver or DLL) that
>can read and write to the printer port. I want to be able to control an
>external device via LPT1. I am using Delphi 3 to do my windows
>programming, and I know that you cannot directly access hardware (eg.
>printerports). I would like to know how one can access the printerport,
>the other programming should not be too much hassle.

>Thank you very much.
>--
>Christo Crause
>Thermal Separations Research