fast pixels alternating

How can I change pixels of a form/bitmap faster than with the
canvas.pixels[] command, without using direct_x or something like that?

I need it for realtime shading, so it must be very fast.

Thanks in advance

                        patrick

Re:fast pixels alternating

patrick bergner wrote:
> How can I change pixels of a form/bitmap faster than with the
> canvas.pixels[] command, without using direct_x or something like that?

  Take a look at the Scanline property of a TBitmap.

Cheers,
--
Marko Peric       lonew...@tig.com.au
http://homepages.tig.com.au/~lonewolf

Re:fast pixels alternating

patrick bergner wrote in message <36916082.D8533...@t-online.de>...
>How can I change pixels of a form/bitmap faster than with the
>canvas.pixels[] command, without using direct_x or something like that?

Use Scanline.  For details, look at the Scanline Tech Note at
www.efg2.com/lab/ImageProcessing/Scanline.htm

efg
_________________________________
efg's Computer Lab:       www.efg2.com/lab
Delphi Books:  www.efg2.com/lab/TechBooks/Delphi.htm

Overland Park, KS  USA

Re:fast pixels alternating

There is a nice component called Harmfade at www.torry.ru
It can fade in or out one bitmap or even make a dissolve transition
between two bitmaps. It is REALLY fast and doesn't require DirectX stuff.

Another component I can recommend for this kind of work is FastImage.
Also available from the address above. If you cannot download these
components pls let me know and I'll send them to you.

Levente
s...@mcse.hu

Other Threads