How to know about DLL export functions parameters?

Hi,

I have found this question in cross-posting groups and even
interested to know more about DLL usage. I have some
DLL viewing app that show me I think all information about
a DLL and its contents. If I  know the parameters and return
value types I can try to call this functions even if I have not
documentation.
I will be very appreciated if you suggest me any ideas for
that topic.

TIA,

Roman Chepelev

Re:How to know about DLL export functions parameters?

In article <01be66e9$0e06eaa0$1c01a...@romanc.ucb.crimea.ua>

"Roman Chepelev" <rom...@ucb.crimea.ua> wrote:
> Hi,

> I have found this question in cross-posting groups and even
> interested to know more about DLL usage. I have some
> DLL viewing app that show me I think all information about
> a DLL and its contents. If I  know the parameters and return
> value types I can try to call this functions even if I have not
> documentation.

You can only get this information from the DLL's author.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Homepage: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro v5.00 for Win32
     ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win95/install/chief500.zip

Re:How to know about DLL export functions parameters?

Roman,
 You are right. It has been discussed at great length here, and based solely
on what I have read here (having never actually had the occasion to do this
myself), I believe the consensus is that there is no way to know what the
paremeters/data types are. I could be mistaken onthis one, of course... but
it is an area that interests me, so I have been checking everything I see in
the NG's. You might try checking dejanews.com for answer, too.

Good Luck!!
    -Dave
Inprise Certified Delphi 4 Client/Server developer
http://www.erols.com/dparsons

Roman Chepelev wrote in message

<01be66e9$0e06eaa0$1c01a...@romanc.ucb.crimea.ua>...
>Hi,

>I have found this question in cross-posting groups and even
>interested to know more about DLL usage. I have some
>DLL viewing app that show me I think all information about
>a DLL and its contents. If I  know the parameters and return
>value types I can try to call this functions even if I have not
>documentation.
>I will be very appreciated if you suggest me any ideas for
>that topic.

>TIA,

>Roman Chepelev

Other Threads