Moving a to a particular record in TQuery

Alfred Itchon wrote:
> Is there any way to move to a specified record within a TQuery?  I need
> something similar to the way you can move to a record in TTable by using
> FindKey.

You could use Locate. The manuals say that it will use the fastest
possible
way to find a matching record, though I do not know, if this means it
uses
a primary as FindKey does.

Bye, Chris

--------------  Ich habe Windows 95  (flames welcome)  -----------------
       Christian Kaupa                              Tel:  ++49-8531/8540
       ka...@fmi.uni-passau.de                      Fax:  ++49-8531/8538

Re:Moving a to a particular record in TQuery

Alfred Itchon wrote in an article appearing in comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases:

>Is there any way to move to a specified record within a TQuery?  I need
>something similar to the way you can move to a record in TTable by using
>FindKey.

Use the TQuery.Locate method.

--
Kevin Davidson (kwdav...@calweb.com)
* But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle,

Other Threads