"At beginning of table" - problem

I am getting an error when inserting the very first record in my Paradox
table (Paradox 5), Delphi 4.

When I am inserting a dummy record manually the error does not show up but I
do not want to insert a dummy record in my tables the first time. There must
be another way of solving this?

Thanks in advance,
Fredrik

Re:"At beginning of table" - problem

Are you using table.Insert or table.Append.  I don't know Pdox but in xBase
the two behaved differently.  Try the latter and see if you still get the
error.

Paul / ColumbuSoft

Fredrik <fredrik.petters...@bbiuppsala.se> wrote in message

> I am getting an error when inserting the very first record in my Paradox
> table (Paradox 5), Delphi 4.

> When I am inserting a dummy record manually the error does not show up but
> do not want to insert a dummy record in my tables the first time. There
must
> be another way of solving this?

> Thanks in advance,
> Fredrik

Re:"At beginning of table" - problem

Is the record being inserted in code or through the u/i? Do you get the
error when the record is inserted or when it is posted? If you are inserting
the record in code let's see the code.

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)