SQL to import an TXT or CSV File

Hi All,

How can I import raw data from a TXT or CSV file into an existing table.

Thanks in Advance

Wayne

--

Re:SQL to import an TXT or CSV File

If you have a fixed-length field text file, take a look at External Tables
in the Language Reference pdf file.

--
Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

"Wayne" <wa...@mweb.co.za> wrote in message news:3bdbc95f_2@dnews...
> Hi All,

> How can I import raw data from a TXT or CSV file into an existing table.

> Thanks in Advance

> Wayne

> --

Re:SQL to import an TXT or CSV File

If you don't have a fixed lenght text file you will have to write a program
or use a utility. You might take a look at InterBase DataPump at
http://www.clevercomponents.com/ .

--
Bill