What Servername should I set in my database alise

Hi
I am a newer in Interbase. I installed a IB 4.2 for Win95  in a PC ,
and I can use IB Server Manager to access this server from  another PC
in my Novell  LAN, the protocol is TCP/IP.
In WISQL I can create database, insert data. ...etc. But when I
try to create a IB alias in Delphi 3 connect  to a database I just
created ,  system told me ' Unable to open file, the path not found',
In my host list, the name of the server PC is 'geng' and I created
this database at its fix driver G (local driver) , the full path is
'G:\DATABASE\DB1.GDB', this driver have a volume name 'geng_g'
In alias's 'servername' column I tried following syntax, but none of
them be accepted by system:

geng:\g\database\db1.gdb
geng:\g:\database\db1.gdb
geng:\geng_g\database\db1.gdb
geng:\geng_g:\database\db1.gdb

My question is,  How can I set this servername correctly, is it case
sensitive?
Any help will be appreciated.

Re:What Servername should I set in my database alise

>In alias's 'servername' column I tried following syntax, but none of
>them be accepted by system:

>geng:\g\database\db1.gdb
>geng:\g:\database\db1.gdb
>geng:\geng_g\database\db1.gdb
>geng:\geng_g:\database\db1.gdb

>My question is,  How can I set this servername correctly, is it case
>sensitive?
>Any help will be appreciated.

Try geng:g:\database\db1.gdb

Hope this helps!

Pat Speer

Re:What Servername should I set in my database alise

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998 07:22:21 -0500, "Patrick M. Speer"

<psp...@CNStores.com> wrote:
>Try geng:g:\database\db1.gdb

>Hope this helps!

>Pat Speer