Looking for TCP/IP Stack for Turbo Pascal

I am looking for a TCP/IP Stack and packet driver combo (preferably
Pascal source or a TPU with .DOCs) with the following features....

* SLIP/CSLIP/PPP Support
* DNS Lookup
* Multiple active ports
* Stream Implementation
* FTP/IRC/TELNET/POP3 protocols optional, will write myself if i have
to...  if anyone can tell me where to get the technical docs for these
protocols then cool....

i would like to inplement it like this
handle:=NewStream(DNS('www.somewebpage.com'),80);
get(handle,http,buffer);
put(handle,http,buffer);
KillStream(handle);

if you have anything even close to this please email me and/or post
here...  I have a VESA unit (With virtual screen support) im working
on and a multitasking unit that actually works.  (Using int $1C)

my email is neuroman...@mail.snet.net
D5 AA 96 Begin CTOS InfoBlock (000.130/001.116) DE AA 96
D5 AA EB 0B 'N 'E 'U 'R 'O 'M 'A 'N 'C 'E 'R 00 DE AA EB

Re:Looking for TCP/IP Stack for Turbo Pascal

On Sun, 15 Dec 1996, Andrew Beaudoin wrote:
> I am looking for a TCP/IP Stack and packet driver combo (preferably
> Pascal source or a TPU with .DOCs) with the following features....

> * SLIP/CSLIP/PPP Support

I guarantee there is no drivers for SLIP/CSLIP/PPP in Pascal itself. Packet
drivers do the supporting themselves.

There is none available that I know of for accessing TCP/IP through a
packet driver directly without the help of another TSR driver.   There is
one for FTP's PC/TCP by someone (don't have the name on hand), the TPU
source is shareware and is $95 to register.   There are two people
working on TPU's for Trumpet's TCP TSR driver,  one of them is me and i
am not totally sure how i'm going to finish this thing.  (My test telnet
program is locking up for no apparent reason).

> * DNS Lookup

I'm working on this for my unit, It works so far but only if the host you
are looking up is on the first Domain-Name-Server it checks.

> * Multiple active ports

Alls you need for mine is to have a variable assigned.   NTCPDRV.EXE
(Trumpet's TCP driver for DOS) by default limits you to 7 or 8 multiple
sessions to be opened at once, (this can be adjusted I think).

> * Stream Implementation

Since you mentioned it I may try.

> * FTP/IRC/TELNET/POP3 protocols optional, will write myself if i have
> to...  if anyone can tell me where to get the technical docs for these
> protocols then cool....

Look for the RFC's of:
rfc1866.txt   = HTML protocol v2
rfc977.txt    = NNTP
rfc1459.txt   = Internet Relay Chat Protocol
rfc1725.txt   = POP3
rfc1700.txt   = Assigned Numbers (note: this one is over 400Kb in size)

You may want to check this one out first:
rfc1920.txt   = Internet Official Protocol Standards.

couple sites that have most RFC's
ftp://ftp.internic.net/rfc/
ftp://ftp.uoknor.edu/rfc/

> i would like to inplement it like this
> handle:=NewStream(DNS('www.somewebpage.com'),80);
> get(handle,http,buffer);
> put(handle,http,buffer);
> KillStream(handle);

> if you have anything even close to this please email me and/or post

No one has made an actual TCP stack Unit that is available.   There is
two or three interfaces to TCP drivers, but I don't think any of them
support Stream's.   I never did anything with Streams so I don't know how
they work, but if I ever figure them out I may/maynot implement such in
my TCP ABI unit.

As for HTTP, its quite robust for Pascal, and I won't be implementing it
unless I got everything else working first

 > my email is neuroman...@mail.snet.net

Re:Looking for TCP/IP Stack for Turbo Pascal

In article <32b3637a.31272...@news.snet.net> of Sun, 15 Dec 1996
02:33:53 in comp.lang.pascal.borland, Andrew Beaudoin

<neuroman...@mail.snet.net> wrote:
>I am looking for a TCP/IP Stack and packet driver combo (preferably
>Pascal source or a TPU with .DOCs) with the following features....

>* SLIP/CSLIP/PPP Support
>* DNS Lookup
>* Multiple active ports
>* Stream Implementation
>* FTP/IRC/TELNET/POP3 protocols optional, will write myself if i have
>to...  if anyone can tell me where to get the technical docs for these
>protocols then cool....

This is a mirror of the true home : ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/doc/rfc/
The site only accepts 32 simultaneous aliens (=> non-demon).

I would like to have a Pascal unit to do FTP via an existing Winsock;
and a Pascal program to do POP3 receive/file.
--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.  j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk  Turnpike v1.12  MIME
    http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/

Re:Looking for TCP/IP Stack for Turbo Pascal

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.961216185143.26674B-100...@fan1.fan.nb.ca>,
aa...@fan.nb.ca says...

>There is none available that I know of for accessing TCP/IP through a
>packet driver directly without the help of another TSR driver.   There is
>one for FTP's PC/TCP by someone (don't have the name on hand), the TPU
>source is shareware and is $95 to register.   There are two people
>working on TPU's for Trumpet's TCP TSR driver,  one of them is me and i
>am not totally sure how i'm going to finish this thing.  (My test telnet
>program is locking up for no apparent reason).

Can you send me a copy of this?  I'm interested in using your code, if you're
willing, and also in looking at the Telnet stuff, because I've written a
Telnet in Delphi and may be able to shed some light on it.

Also, do you know whether the Trumpet driver is free, or shareware?

--
Peter Summers                       http://www.summers.auz.net/peter/
Cardiology Department               Phone   (+613/03) 9342 8727 (B)

Andrew Beaudoin wrote:

> I am looking for a TCP/IP Stack and packet driver combo (preferably
> Pascal source or a TPU with .DOCs) with the following features....

> * SLIP/CSLIP/PPP Support
> * DNS Lookup
> * Multiple active ports
> * Stream Implementation
> * FTP/IRC/TELNET/POP3 protocols optional, will write myself if i have
> to...  if anyone can tell me where to get the technical docs for these
> protocols then cool....

The web site http://www.ietf.org has the RFC documents that describe all the
internet protocols you mention.

Regards,

Chuck

On Tue, 17 Dec 1996 PE...@cardiology.medrmh.unimelb.edu.au wrote:

> In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.961216185143.26674B-100...@fan1.fan.nb.ca>,
> aa...@fan.nb.ca says...

> >There is none available that I know of for accessing TCP/IP through a
> >packet driver directly without the help of another TSR driver.   There is
> >one for FTP's PC/TCP by someone (don't have the name on hand), the TPU
> >source is shareware and is $95 to register.   There are two people
> >working on TPU's for Trumpet's TCP TSR driver,  one of them is me and i
> >am not totally sure how i'm going to finish this thing.  (My test telnet
> >program is locking up for no apparent reason).

> Can you send me a copy of this?  I'm interested in using your code, if you're
> willing, and also in looking at the Telnet stuff, because I've written a
> Telnet in Delphi and may be able to shed some light on it.

I'll try sending it to you.  I do seem to finally got the DNS Lookup
working correctly, and I haven't had the telnet program lockup anytime
recently (although the Range Check does show a run-time error when it
exits and I still don't know why).  I definately need to speed up some of
it.  I'll try to send you the source.

> Also, do you know whether the Trumpet driver is free, or shareware?

Here is what the 00readme.tcp file says:

Bugs
----

Problems with output if running debug mode to more than one
task (under windows).
IP fragmentation not supported in send or receive.

Other Notes
-----------

This product will eventually become shareware.  If you would like to write
an application which uses this tcp, the specification of Trumpet ABI is
available by e-mailing pe...@psychnet.psychol.utas.edu.au

--
/----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
| Jeff Patterson                       Internet: aa...@fan.nb.ca             |

Re:Looking for TCP/IP Stack for Turbo Pascal

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.961216185143.26674B-100...@fan1.fan.nb.ca> of
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 19:20:15 in comp.lang.pascal.borland, Jeff Patterson

<aa...@fan.nb.ca> wrote:
>Look for the RFC's of:
>rfc1866.txt   = HTML protocol v2
>rfc977.txt    = NNTP
>rfc1459.txt   = Internet Relay Chat Protocol
>rfc1725.txt   = POP3
>rfc1700.txt   = Assigned Numbers (note: this one is over 400Kb in size)

RFC 1939       = POP3     May 1996

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.  j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk  Turnpike v1.12  MIME
    http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/