(New) OpenTools API for code completion and symbol table queries

> But once again, its supposed to be an Enterprise level development
> environment, yet just about any feature you choose to use you have to go
> hunting either for the VCL fix, fix it yourself, or go get some third
party
> replacement.

*Any* feature you choose?  Give specific examples besides the two that you
have given (memory manager and external de{*word*81} integration).  What's wrong
with third party solutions?  What other "Enterprise level" development tool
is a better example?

> I would point out (not that i'm a fan of MS) that the memory manager for
VB
> doesnt have this problem - out of the box.

Really?  I'd be *very* surprised since VC++ has this exact same issue.

> The issue i raised was in fact to do with the compatibility of delphi
> generated executables with other de{*word*81}s, the memory manager is an
example
> of a particular issue.

Ok.  I don't know about using other de{*word*81}s, I've found that the Delphi
de{*word*81} is good enough for me.

--
Brian Moelk
bmoel...@SPAMbrainendeavorFOR.MEcom

Re:(New) OpenTools API for code completion and symbol table queries

"Peter Mance" wrote

> I would point out (not that i'm a fan of MS) that the memory manager
for VB
> doesnt have this problem - out of the box.

Could you build multi-threaded apps with VB though?

"Rob" <robzli...@s.p.a.m.myrealbox.com> wrote in news:3d5509d0_1@dnews:

>> I would point out (not that i'm a fan of MS) that the memory manager
>> for VB doesnt have this problem - out of the box.

> Could you build multi-threaded apps with VB though?

IIRC VB6 can do threads, and I know VB.net can.