Board index » delphi » Getting users of a file

Getting users of a file

Folks

Is there an easy way in Delphi to determine whether or not there are
still some people on a LAN using a given EXE file? In the NT file
manager, there's a "opened by" button in the file properties, how can
I get the information displayed there programmatically from a Delphi
program?

Greetings from Switzerland,
Marc

 

Re:Getting users of a file


Quote
Marc Scheuner wrote:

> Folks

> Is there an easy way in Delphi to determine whether or not there are
> still some people on a LAN using a given EXE file? In the NT file
> manager, there's a "opened by" button in the file properties, how can
> I get the information displayed there programmatically from a Delphi
> program?

> Greetings from Switzerland,
> Marc

Marc,

If there is a way, it will probably be by making a call to NWCALLS.DLL.
I've seen a listing of the functions in that .DLL somewhere before, but
I can't find it on my machine.  I think I got it from NetWire.  I think
it's somewhere on www.novell.com.
--
Patrick K. Coffer
pcof...@flash.net
CIS: 74401,1267
214-622-0256

Re:Getting users of a file


"Patrick K. Coffer" <pcof...@flash.net> wrote:

Quote
>If there is a way, it will probably be by making a call to NWCALLS.DLL.

Thanks for the suggestion, Patrick, but I believe that would only work
on a Novell LAN, right??

Our machines are WinNT server, though. Any way to find it out on a NT
server? Is there a "GetFileUsers" call or something alike?

Marc

Re:Getting users of a file


Quote
Marc Scheuner wrote:

> "Patrick K. Coffer" <pcof...@flash.net> wrote:
> >If there is a way, it will probably be by making a call to NWCALLS.DLL.

> Thanks for the suggestion, Patrick, but I believe that would only work
> on a Novell LAN, right??

> Our machines are WinNT server, though. Any way to find it out on a NT
> server? Is there a "GetFileUsers" call or something alike?

> Marc

You're right.  I didn't read your original post very carefully.  I've
not done anything with the Windows client API.

--
Patrick K. Coffer
pcof...@flash.net
CIS: 74401,1267
214-622-0256

Other Threads