Crashing Windows 95

How can I crash Windows 95?
Ik know to crash DOS or Win 3.1 or do a cold boot from either of these,
want with windows 95 it seems to be harder. Would anybody help me
please?

Thanks

Re:Crashing Windows 95

Jeroen Sluyter wrote:

> How can I crash Windows 95?
> Ik know to crash DOS or Win 3.1 or do a cold boot from either of these,
> want with windows 95 it seems to be harder. Would anybody help me
> please?

> Thanks

The following asm code WILL completly freeze up ANY intel-type system &
any OS.
But I think you might want it for virii, so I left a few bugs in it.

Procedure Freeze; assembler;
asm
 xor ax,ax  {load es:di with 0:0 & ax with 0}
 mov di,ax
 mov es,di
 mov cx,$FFFF {outer loop * 65535}

@LOOP:
 mov ax,$10
 add es,ax
 xor ax,ax
 mov cx,$8000 {$8000 * (word size=2)=65536 bytes}
 rep stosw
 loop @LOOP

Robin Hugh Johnson
"Robbat2"
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
 "Who watches the watchmen?" - Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347 AD
E-Mail     : robb...@hotmail.com
ICQ#       : 30269588
Mail Files : richard8...@home.com
Homepage   : http://homepages.infoseek.com/~robbat2
TimeZone   : Pacific Daylight(GMT - 8)

  robbat2.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Crashing Windows 95

how to crash windows?

run it.

Adam
pand...@comwerx.net

Jeroen Sluyter <JeroenSluy...@wxs.nl> wrote in message

> How can I crash Windows 95?
> Ik know to crash DOS or Win 3.1 or do a cold boot from either of these,
> want with windows 95 it seems to be harder. Would anybody help me
> please?

> Thanks

Re:Crashing Windows 95

how do i keep the pice of shit from crashing
larry

Re:Crashing Windows 95

Why you want to crash windows I don't know. Not a virus, ehm?
Revectors an interrupt to a procedure wich executes this interrupt;
uses dos;
procedure freeze; interrupt;
var r:registers;
begin
  intr(16,r);
 setintvec(16,@freeze);
 freeze;
end;
Jeroen Sluyter heeft geschreven in bericht <373341CB.3...@wxs.nl>...
>How can I crash Windows 95?
>Ik know to crash DOS or Win 3.1 or do a cold boot from either of these,
>want with windows 95 it seems to be harder. Would anybody help me
>please?

>Thanks

Re:Crashing Windows 95

Jeroen Sluyter wrote:
> How can I crash Windows 95?

[...]
I guess, euthanasia could be morally wrong!
So could be writing a virus!

Don't support this!
--
Arno Fehm (af...@bigfoot.de)

Member of Grey Dreams Design: visit http://GreyDreams.home.pages.de !!!!
He who can destroy a thing has the real control over it. (Frank Herbert)

Re:Crashing Windows 95

In article <373341CB.3...@wxs.nl>,

  JeroenSluy...@wxs.nl wrote:
> How can I crash Windows 95?

Why in the h*ll would you want to crash someone's computer?  Are you one of
those *ssh@les that write virii?

--
SPAM BLOCKING IN EFFECT: Only those in my address book can send me mail.
I've got an idea: let's sue all the lawyers and operate on all the

Re:Crashing Windows 95

walt...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> In article <373341CB.3...@wxs.nl>,
>   JeroenSluy...@wxs.nl wrote:
> > How can I crash Windows 95?

> Why in the h*ll would you want to crash someone's computer?  Are you one of
> those *ssh@les that write virii?

Hey, don't be so harsh. Bill Gates has made billion$ writing
code that crashes peoples' computers.

Irv

Re:Crashing Windows 95

For a gui program, you could also change the windows graphics mode to
textmode :

asm
  mov ax,13h
  int 10h
end;
this would turn your windows screen in 320x200x256 and windows locks up !

asm
  int 9 // not tested but you can call every interrupt and check if windows
locks up, that shouldn't be so hard.
end;

Jeroen Sluyter heeft geschreven in bericht <373341CB.3...@wxs.nl>...

>How can I crash Windows 95?
>Ik know to crash DOS or Win 3.1 or do a cold boot from either of these,
>want with windows 95 it seems to be harder. Would anybody help me
>please?

>Thanks

Re:Crashing Windows 95

In article <373341CB.3...@wxs.nl>, JeroenSluy...@wxs.nl says...

>How can I crash Windows 95?
>Ik know to crash DOS or Win 3.1 or do a cold boot from either of these,
>want with windows 95 it seems to be harder. Would anybody help me
>please?

>Thanks

You boot it. It does a pretty good job of crashing itself.

                                   [sam]

Re:Crashing Windows 95

Is there anything that you can't do in assembly?

I need some reflect the screen if anyone has it, so everything is backwards
on the display.

Jim

Re:Crashing Windows 95

In article <373341CB.3...@wxs.nl>, JeroenSluy...@wxs.nl wrote:
>How can I crash Windows 95?
>Ik know to crash DOS or Win 3.1 or do a cold boot from either of these,
>want with windows 95 it seems to be harder. Would anybody help me
>please?

>Thanks

Sure.
a)Write some stuff to a file, like "This will crash" or something.
b)Make sure it ends in .exe
c)execute it.

Incidentally, did you know that "win /wibble" reboots your computer?

Matt.

Other Threads