Tutility destroys BLOB files

Hello.

I download Tutil32.exe from Borland and found that it destroys BLOB (*.MB
formated memo) files.
I have:
- delphi 3.02 professional (registered)
- BDE 4.51
- paradox 7 files

Any comments ?

Kemil Kujundzic
i...@zg.tel.hr

Re:Tutility destroys BLOB files

Hi Kemil,
the tutility removes Blob field information if it finds
the MB file corrupted. This way the application can
open the database file again, but all blob data are lost.
Personally, I would also prefer to have the Blobs repaired
instead of removed, but this is probably too difficult task.
--
Roman
KRE...@mbox.cesnet.cz

Kemil Kujundzic wrote in message <01bd622f$5dc7c4c0$7fe11dc3@klamath266>...
>Hello.

>I download Tutil32.exe from Borland and found that it destroys BLOB (*.MB
>formated memo) files.
>I have:
>- delphi 3.02 professional (registered)
>- BDE 4.51
>- paradox 7 files

>Any comments ?

>Kemil Kujundzic
>i...@zg.tel.hr

Re:Tutility destroys BLOB files

You should not have a problem with BLOB's unless the BLOB file is corrupt.
Make sure you are using the version of the Tutility DLL that matches the
version of the BDE you are running.

--
Bill

Re:Tutility destroys BLOB files

>I download Tutil32.exe from Borland and found that it destroys BLOB (*.MB
>formated memo) files.

What do you mean by formated Memo fields?   Paradox tables have a
Formated Memo field type but this is not a field type that Delphi can
use.  If you do use this Field type Delphi will corrupt it and then
Tutilty will remove it.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com