Cached updates problem with Access 97 (Delphi 4 Update Pack 2)

I recently installed the D4 Update Pack 2.

Much to my disappointment, most of my Access 97 queries that used
cached updates are not working anymore. I get the error below:

"Operation not supported for this kind of object. TField"

The update pack was supposed to be that bad? What have I done against
Inprise? Boohooo...

Is there any workaround?

Re:Cached updates problem with Access 97 (Delphi 4 Update Pack 2)

Download the BDE 5.01 update from the Inprise Web site. It includes a newer
Access drive than the BDE in Update 2.

Bill

--
Bill Todd