Multiline edit control

I have some problems with Tedit control : how can i do to accept a
multi line text with Tedit control ? Where is the Multiline property
like Visual Basic ?

Re:Multiline edit control

pr...@proxys.it (Luciano Canino) wrote:
>I have some problems with Tedit control : how can i do to accept a
>multi line text with Tedit control ? Where is the Multiline property
>like Visual Basic ?

TEdit does not offer this feature. Use TMemo instead which is derived
from TCustomEdit. If you don't want to use TMemo, you will find an
enhanced TEdit component in my SLIC component package that has a
Multiline property. For more details and downloading the package,
visit my web page at the following address:

  http://www.unige.ch/sciences/terre/geologie/fookes/slic.htm

Hope this helps!

Eric G.V. Fookes ===============<foo...@sc2a.unige.ch>==============
Creator of Delphi (1 & 2) Labeled Input Controls. Download from...
   http://www.unige.ch/sciences/terre/geologie/fookes/delphi.htm

Re:Multiline edit control

You can't.  Use the TMemo control instead.

Luciano Canino <pr...@proxys.it> wrote in article
<569d04$1...@venere.inet.it>...

> I have some problems with Tedit control : how can i do to accept a
> multi line text with Tedit control ? Where is the Multiline property
> like Visual Basic ?

Re:Multiline edit control

H|!

>I have some problems with Tedit control : how can i do to accept a
>multi line text with Tedit control ? Where is the Multiline property
>like Visual Basic ?

TEdit can not do multi line text input. Use TMemo for that.

                                                    SBR.
---
Bu...@stk.ksu.ras.ru
{Excuse me please for my bad russian, my native language is DELPHI 32-bit}

Re:Multiline edit control

Luciano Canino wrote:

> I have some problems with Tedit control : how can i do to accept a
> multi line text with Tedit control ? Where is the Multiline property
> like Visual Basic ?

  By using a TMemo.  TEdit is a single line input box...

--
Jason
E...@DarkElf.reno.nv.us

Other Threads