Fast image compression

Hi,

I'm looking for a component / algorithm for a fast or an incremental
image compression /decompression. It should be faster than Delphi's
TJpeg's compression.

Thanks,
Gaddi

email: gad...@inter.net.il

Re:Fast image compression

Gaddi wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm looking for a component / algorithm for a fast or an incremental
> image compression /decompression. It should be faster than Delphi's
> TJpeg's compression.

> Thanks,
> Gaddi

Hi,
For the PC platform nothing but hardware is going to out-run our jpeg
and/or proprietary format still image compressor (or decompressor!).
Are you looking for a dll or vcl?  I will be happy to give you a dev kit
trial, just fill out and fax this form:
http://www.pegasusimaging.com/eval.html
Or try out some of the speed in our sample app, it has a built in timer.
The released version compress is not optimized for MMX currently, the
decompressor is.  Compression times should be cut almost in half with
the MMX code:
ftp://www.pegasusimaging.com/pub/MINERVA.EXE
Let me know if you need more info.
Best wishes,