CD Rom Drive letter Identification

Hi! Depending on the number of Hard Disks installed and /or the partition
used in the hard disk, the CD Rom drive can have the identification letter
as D, E , F and so on.Is there a Delphi command that I can use to discover
in which drive the user has its CD Rom ?
Thank you
Marcilio

Re:CD Rom Drive letter Identification

There is no way do that directly in Delphi that I know of. You will have to
use Windows API calls. You might try reposting your message in the WinAPI
newsgroup.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Marcilio Carneiro <marcilio_robe...@uol.com.br> wrote in message news:7fitsc$2pm7@forums.borland.com...
> Hi! Depending on the number of Hard Disks installed and /or the partition
> used in the hard disk, the CD Rom drive can have the identification letter
> as D, E , F and so on.Is there a Delphi command that I can use to discover
> in which drive the user has its CD Rom ?

Take a look at the ShowDrives example on the Delphi Disks/Drives page:
www.efg2.com/lab/library/delphi/io/DisksDrives.htm

efg
efg's Computer Lab:       www.efg2.com/lab
Delphi Books:  www.efg2.com/lab/TechBooks/Delphi.htm

Overland Park, KS  USA

Marcilio Carneiro wrote:

> Is there a Delphi command that I can use to discover in which drive > the user has its CD Rom ?

Have a look at GetDriveType in Win32 API.

HTH  ...  Andreas

Other Threads