TCustomListBox Problems!!!

In a package the ItemIndex property is not functioning correctly but in a
regular application it works fine.  If I try to set the ItemIndex to zero it
is not showing in the listbox.  This only seems to happen if I have a
package.  In a regular application it works beautifully with no problems.

What is up??  I have the latest update number 3

Thank you

Kenneth Lewis

Re:TCustomListBox Problems!!!

Have you rebuilt the package (probably obvious, but I had to ask).

Or how about this.  Do you have another package which has this same list
box derivative in it?

If your listbox is being implicitly included, then it might be being
drawn from another package.

I recently had a package with a lot of dependencies and I had't included
directly in the 'contains' the source file for a particular unit.  Since
that unit had been installed previously in another package, Delphi was
drawing it from there and ignoring the one that was in the same
directory with the rest of the component I was trying to install.

Make sense?

--
Mark Bracey
{I don't mind if you email me direct with questions}

Re:TCustomListBox Problems!!!

I have created a new listbox that inherits from TListBox within a unit that
is part of a package.  How can this be a problem.  Any possible solutions?

Mark Bracey <red...@interaccess.com> wrote in message

>Have you rebuilt the package (probably obvious, but I had to ask).

>Or how about this.  Do you have another package which has this same list
>box derivative in it?

>If your listbox is being implicitly included, then it might be being
>drawn from another package.

>I recently had a package with a lot of dependencies and I had't included
>directly in the 'contains' the source file for a particular unit.  Since
>that unit had been installed previously in another package, Delphi was
>drawing it from there and ignoring the one that was in the same
>directory with the rest of the component I was trying to install.

>Make sense?

>Kenneth Lewis wrote:

>> In a package the ItemIndex property is not functioning correctly but in a
>> regular application it works fine.  If I try to set the ItemIndex to zero
it
>> is not showing in the listbox.  This only seems to happen if I have a
>> package.  In a regular application it works beautifully with no problems.

>> What is up??  I have the latest update number 3

>> Thank you

>> Kenneth Lewis

>--
>Mark Bracey
>{I don't mind if you email me direct with questions}
>{email: red...@interaccess.com}

Re:TCustomListBox Problems!!!

Also, this only started with Delphi 4.0.  My code worked perfect in Delphi
2.0, 3.0, C++Builder 1.0 and 3.0.  I looked at the code for TCustomListBox
and they have changed what they were doing with the ItemIndex property.

Thank you

Mark Bracey <red...@interaccess.com> wrote in message

>Have you rebuilt the package (probably obvious, but I had to ask).

>Or how about this.  Do you have another package which has this same list
>box derivative in it?

>If your listbox is being implicitly included, then it might be being
>drawn from another package.

>I recently had a package with a lot of dependencies and I had't included
>directly in the 'contains' the source file for a particular unit.  Since
>that unit had been installed previously in another package, Delphi was
>drawing it from there and ignoring the one that was in the same
>directory with the rest of the component I was trying to install.

>Make sense?

>Kenneth Lewis wrote:

>> In a package the ItemIndex property is not functioning correctly but in a
>> regular application it works fine.  If I try to set the ItemIndex to zero
it
>> is not showing in the listbox.  This only seems to happen if I have a
>> package.  In a regular application it works beautifully with no problems.

>> What is up??  I have the latest update number 3

>> Thank you

>> Kenneth Lewis

>--
>Mark Bracey
>{I don't mind if you email me direct with questions}
>{email: red...@interaccess.com}

Re:TCustomListBox Problems!!!

Did you by chance put the VCL packages from the earlier versions in the
windows or windows\system directories.  If those are still there then
you app could be using them instead of the udated ones.

Mark

--
Mark Bracey
{I don't mind if you email me direct with questions}
{email: red...@interaccess.com}

Re:TCustomListBox Problems!!!

Nope that cannot be the problem.  I got the latest update 3 and the
dclstd40.bpl is dated 2/9/99 and I only have one copy in the Bin directory.
In a package is where it seems to have problems but in a normal application
it does not.

Kenneth

>Did you by chance put the VCL packages from the earlier versions in the
>windows or windows\system directories.  If those are still there then
>you app could be using them instead of the udated ones.

>Mark

>Kenneth Lewis wrote:

>> I have created a new listbox that inherits from TListBox within a unit
that
>> is part of a package.  How can this be a problem.  Any possible
solutions?

>> Mark Bracey <red...@interaccess.com> wrote in message
>> >Have you rebuilt the package (probably obvious, but I had to ask).

>> >Or how about this.  Do you have another package which has this same list
>> >box derivative in it?

>> >If your listbox is being implicitly included, then it might be being
>> >drawn from another package.

>> >I recently had a package with a lot of dependencies and I had't included
>> >directly in the 'contains' the source file for a particular unit.  Since
>> >that unit had been installed previously in another package, Delphi was
>> >drawing it from there and ignoring the one that was in the same
>> >directory with the rest of the component I was trying to install.

>> >Make sense?

>> it
problems.

>> >--
>> >Mark Bracey
>> >{I don't mind if you email me direct with questions}
>> >{email: red...@interaccess.com}

>--
>Mark Bracey
>{I don't mind if you email me direct with questions}
>{email: red...@interaccess.com}

Other Threads