.csv file and .xls file

Please help:

My application (using Delphi 6) need to read some data from a .csv file and
a .xls file then save data to a .csv file and a .xls file. How can I open a
such file and read and save data to it?

Thanks

Re:.csv file and .xls file

For CSV files:

1) Use the text file I/O routines and the DelimtedText property of
TStringList

2) Use a third party import/export component.

For Excel:

1) Use the ODBC driver.

2) Use Automation to control Excel.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:.csv file and .xls file

You could use:

- Jet OleDB and ISAM Drivers (Text and Excel 5.0 or Excel 8.0) (there are
others ISAM Drivers like Paradox 5.0, Paradox 7.0, HTML Export, HTML Import,
Dbase 5...) and ADO (ADOTable or ADODataset...)

- a thrid party componenet (see www.scalabium.com ie)

"Frank" <fr...@seljax.com> a crit dans le message de news:
3e93226...@newsgroups.borland.com...

> Please help:

> My application (using Delphi 6) need to read some data from a .csv file
and
> a .xls file then save data to a .csv file and a .xls file. How can I open
> such file and read and save data to it?

> Thanks

Other Threads