Install Shield Express question

I want to install several 'data files' into the separate directory
(different than 'program' directory). Data directory is not one of the
standard directory that I can take from 'Install Shield' directory list
(<WINDIR>,<WINDISK>,<INSTALLDIR>... and so on).
I would like to give to user possibility to select that directory or accept
default. Default suppose to be something like this: 'F:\MYDATA', optionaly
user would change it.

Greatly appreciate any answer.

Marek.

Re:Install Shield Express question

Hello,

If I understand you right, you will have to add a new group called fx
datafiles. Then you use windows explorer to drag your datafiles into this
group. You can choose to make the install directory for this group fx
<INSTALLDIR>\DATA as a directory DATA under whatever the user chooses for
his Installation directory.

The alias will peek into this directory, so if the user moves the datafiles
to somewhere else he will also have to change the path for the alias
accordingly.

If I missed your question - ask again.

--
Kind regards
Kai Inge

{When I realized the difference between estimated time used and real time
used - I realized that the life is going to be too short.}

Marek wrote in message <36c50cd...@nemo.idirect.com>...
>I want to install several 'data files' into the separate directory
>(different than 'program' directory). Data directory is not one of the
>standard directory that I can take from 'Install Shield' directory list
>(<WINDIR>,<WINDISK>,<INSTALLDIR>... and so on).
>I would like to give to user possibility to select that directory or accept
>default. Default suppose to be something like this: 'F:\MYDATA', optionaly
>user would change it.

>Greatly appreciate any answer.

>Marek.

Other Threads