Need help using map file to track crash...

Hello,

We've got an ActiveX control (written in Delphi) that sometimes when closed,
we get the error message "Access Violation at address 011A02B5 in module
TerminalGroupXControl.ocx.  Read at address 000001F8.

I got the compiler to generate a map file.  However, the addressess given in
the map file appear to bear no resemblance whatsoever with the addressess
given by the error message.  Furthermore, these appear to be old "Segmented"
8086 addresses...

Help!  I know this is doable...thanks!

Brent Boswell
Leppo Instruments, Inc.

To e-mail: replace "nobody's business" with leppo and net with com

Re:Need help using map file to track crash...

Ooops...

One last tidbit of info:

The first line of the error message is "Exception EAccessViolation in module
TerminalGroupXControl.ocx" at 000B02B5.

Once again, that number does not appear to correlate to anything in the map
file...

Thanks for the help!

Brent

Brent Boswell wrote:

> The first line of the error message is "Exception EAccessViolation in module
> TerminalGroupXControl.ocx" at 000B02B5.

> Once again, that number does not appear to correlate to anything in the map
> file...

That is because the error points to an address in the OCX file, not to
your application. The map file will not help you here.

> Furthermore, these appear to be old "Segmented"
> 8086 addresses...

They're not. They would show as 000B:02B5.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edok...@home.nl
   http://members.home.nl/edokter

Other Threads