SQL Outer joins ????

I'm using local SQL in a Delphi application. There is no way I can
implement an OUTER JOIN. The SQL statements wher I tried to include an
outer join run without error, but they simply ignore the OUTER join.
When I build a Query inside Database Desktop wiith good old QBE  and
include the "!" operator, then the outer join works. However when I ask
the program to "Show SQL" then it is not able to translate the QBE
query. The only solution I found to implement outer joins in my Delphi
code was to us a freeware QBE component I found on the net instead of a
standard TQuery object. Is this the way to go?

Daniel Horowitz
IDH diamonds
Belgium