QReport V3 Preview problems

I havn't been following this newsgroup, so this problem may have been
reported before.

I've re-built my fully working Delphi 3 app, using Delphi 4 and the
built in QReport components.
The app consists of several fairly simple reports. They each print fine,
but when previewed the app crashes with several Access Violations in
vcl40.bpl when I close the preview window (the actual contents of the
preview is fine).

If I remove the Query or Table open statements (these datasets are on
the form), obviously no data get displayed when previewing, but the
preview window closes down normally.

Is this a known bug, can anybody help please?

Thanks

Bernie Raffe

Re:QReport V3 Preview problems

Oops, I forgot to mention...

The previewer is the standard QR one, I havn't created my own
I've applied the Delphi 4 patch.

Just to re-iterate, I can't close the preview window without the app
crashing!!!

Bernie

Bernie Raffe wrote:
> I havn't been following this newsgroup, so this problem may have been
> reported before.

> I've re-built my fully working Delphi 3 app, using Delphi 4 and the
> built in QReport components.
> The app consists of several fairly simple reports. They each print fine,
> but when previewed the app crashes with several Access Violations in
> vcl40.bpl when I close the preview window (the actual contents of the
> preview is fine).

> If I remove the Query or Table open statements (these datasets are on
> the form), obviously no data get displayed when previewing, but the
> preview window closes down normally.

> Is this a known bug, can anybody help please?

> Thanks

> Bernie Raffe

Re:QReport V3 Preview problems

Actually, I was just about to post a message about this one.  It seems
to me that it happens mainly after closing the Print Setup button on
the preview toolbar.  If I don't use that one, they open and close
fine for me.

The other thing I noticed was that if I changed to PreviewModal I get
errors closing the preview window (as opposed to just using Preview).

Is this your experience?  Or is it whenever you preview?

Regards
David

Re:QReport V3 Preview problems

QR 3 (3.0 and 3.0.1) have a known bug with the Preview function.  3.0.2 is
supposed to correct this, but the standard edition is not available as of
yet.

A list of QR 3.0 bugs can be found at http://www.delphiplanet.com.

--Paul

Bernie Raffe wrote in message <361BE4A4.FB02C...@globalnet.co.uk>...
>I havn't been following this newsgroup, so this problem may have been
>reported before.

>I've re-built my fully working Delphi 3 app, using Delphi 4 and the
>built in QReport components.
>The app consists of several fairly simple reports. They each print fine,
>but when previewed the app crashes with several Access Violations in
>vcl40.bpl when I close the preview window (the actual contents of the
>preview is fine).

>If I remove the Query or Table open statements (these datasets are on
>the form), obviously no data get displayed when previewing, but the
>preview window closes down normally.

>Is this a known bug, can anybody help please?

>Thanks

>Bernie Raffe

Re:QReport V3 Preview problems

Thanks for your reply.

I'd already looked at that bug list, and although there are several preview
ones there  (great!), there was none as severe as the one i'm experiencing.

Not being able to close the preview window means... well it means no preview
facility for my users

I just hope they fix it for the next release.

Thanks to all who replied.

Bernie

Paul Pritchard wrote:
> QR 3 (3.0 and 3.0.1) have a known bug with the Preview function.  3.0.2 is
> supposed to correct this, but the standard edition is not available as of
> yet.

> A list of QR 3.0 bugs can be found at http://www.delphiplanet.com.

> --Paul

> Bernie Raffe wrote in message <361BE4A4.FB02C...@globalnet.co.uk>...
> >I havn't been following this newsgroup, so this problem may have been
> >reported before.

> >I've re-built my fully working Delphi 3 app, using Delphi 4 and the
> >built in QReport components.
> >The app consists of several fairly simple reports. They each print fine,
> >but when previewed the app crashes with several Access Violations in
> >vcl40.bpl when I close the preview window (the actual contents of the
> >preview is fine).

> >If I remove the Query or Table open statements (these datasets are on
> >the form), obviously no data get displayed when previewing, but the
> >preview window closes down normally.

> >Is this a known bug, can anybody help please?

> >Thanks

> >Bernie Raffe

Re:QReport V3 Preview problems

>Paul Pritchard wrote:

>> QR 3 (3.0 and 3.0.1) have a known bug with the Preview function.  3.0.2 is
>> supposed to correct this, but the standard edition is not available as of
>> yet.

<SNIP>

> I got this reply from Qsoft about the problem

>Tom,

>We are still working on problems with the printersetup in the preview.  We
>will post an update when this is fixed.

>At 02:11 PM 10/2/98 +0200, you wrote:
>>Hi,
>>       when i preview a report (standard preview method) in quickreport and
>change
>>anything in the printer setup dialog i cant print or close the preview after
>>closing the printersetup dialog. This makes my customers go bananas :-)
>>I'm running NT 4 (sp 3) and have ie4.01 installed. Delphi 4. problem excists
>>in qr 3.01 and 3.02 don't know about 3.0

>>Tom

>>--
>>Tom ?yvind Hogstad
>>Systemansvarlig
>>NANO-DATA AS
>>Tlf. +4735900092
>>mailto:t...@nano.no

>regards,
>Chris Miller <t...@qusoft.com>
>QuSoft AS

I dosen't seemes like it is fixed in qr 3.02 ...

Tom

Other Threads