Export Paradox data into DBF format?

Is there a utility within Delphi 3 Pro that will allow me to export
the contents of a Paradox table into DBF (or tab-delimited) format?

DBDesktop and DBExplorer can see the data just fine, but after
exploring all the options, there doesn't seem to be a simple export
mechanism. Any Ideas?

Regards, Mike

Re:Export Paradox data into DBF format?

Hi Mike,
I would suggest to try tBatchMove component.
--
Roman
(please remove STOPSPAM. in header)

Re:Export Paradox data into DBF format?

Hi Roman.

I need some help with export / import.

Could you be a little more specific about using tBachmove?

Thanx in advance,

Georg

Roman Krejci skrev:

> Hi Mike,
> I would suggest to try tBatchMove component.
> --
> Roman
> (please remove STOPSPAM. in header)
> MAIL: I...@rksolution.cz

Re:Export Paradox data into DBF format?

Use the TBatchmove component if you are using the Borland Database in your
app. The TBatchmove component is found on the same tab as is TTable.

    Batchmove allows you to set up a definition of field matches in a
stringlist property within that component. When you need to convert your
data, you execute the batchmove. The On-line help is decent. If you have
questions once you experiment, drop me a line.

Neil Huhta

Mike Niemann wrote in message <363305da.5938...@forums.borland.com>...
>Is there a utility within Delphi 3 Pro that will allow me to export
>the contents of a Paradox table into DBF (or tab-delimited) format?

>DBDesktop and DBExplorer can see the data just fine, but after
>exploring all the options, there doesn't seem to be a simple export
>mechanism. Any Ideas?

>Regards, Mike

Re:Export Paradox data into DBF format?

>I need some help with export / import.

>Could you be a little more specific about using tBachmove?

Make the Source a paradox table
Make the destination a ttable of the tabletype ttDbase
make the destination table name use a .dbf extention.
execute the batchmove

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:Export Paradox data into DBF format?

On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 21:21:08 -0400, "nhuhta" <nhu...@digital.net>
wrote:

Neil and Roman,

Thanks. TBatchMove works fine. Sorry I didn't respond earlier.

Regards, Mike

Other Threads