query progress bar

Does anyone know how to inform the user of a TQuery's progress? I remember I
saw a solution a while back, but can't find it.

Morten

Re:query progress bar

On Sun, 18 Jun 2000 17:11:35 -0700, "Morten" <mor...@vt.edu> wrote:
>Does anyone know how to inform the user of a TQuery's progress? I remember I
>saw a solution a while back, but can't find it.

There is no way to reliably show a progressbar since the amount of
work needed to perform the query is not known beforehand.  You can
show some textual information during the query (if you need that, I'll
dig up an example of this), but the most sensible approach, IMHO, is
to simply show an AVI during lengthy queries.

Jan

Other Threads