How Do I Compact / Repair Access Databases via ADO

Hi There,

Does anyone have any idea how to compact/repair Access Databases via ADO, I
Am Using D5E, and do not want to use any third party components.

Regards

Dave

Re:How Do I Compact / Repair Access Databases via ADO

In article <86h02a$m...@bornews.borland.com>, Dave Pike wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea how to compact/repair Access Databases via ADO, I
> Am Using D5E, and do not want to use any third party components.

A complete ADO installation includes not only ADO itself but also ADOX,
primarily for creating and modifying dbs at the schema level, and also an
Access-specific bit called Jet and Replication Objects. If you import the JRO
type library into Delphi then you'll have access to the CompactDatabase
method of the Jet Engine.

Roger Morton
roger.mor...@dial.pipex.com

Other Threads