TV frame grabber interface

Guru's!

Please can anybody help me with hints and / or links about how to
interface to a video frame grabber.

What are the experiences with varios brands and products?
Which have a standardized interface with a driver similar to scanner
standards?

Any hints are very much appreciated.
Franz Glaser, Austria

http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser

Re:TV frame grabber interface

In article <3500223A.F891...@eunet.at>, "Ing. Franz Glaser" <meg-
gla...@eunet.at> writes

>Guru's!

Er, I'd hardly call myself that. Never mind, I'll sail on.

>Please can anybody help me with hints and / or links about how to
>interface to a video frame grabber.

>What are the experiences with varios brands and products?
>Which have a standardized interface with a driver similar to scanner
>standards?

I've used the Snappy capture device. It comes with both an OCX and COM
interface and some {*word*99}py developer info in Acrobat format.

The OCX installs quite easily in Delphi 2, but for some reason does not
paint correctly in Delphi 3. However, it is quite easy to use and
provides a wealth of options.

The results are quite good up to 640 x 480; anything higher than that
and it gets quite grainy.

It can capture stills only from a video source such as a VCR or a
camcorder. I use it with an industrial video camera.

If you want any further info, don't hesitate to email.

Good luck.
--
Dani Epstein

Other Threads