BDE problem...help needed

Greetings All !

Using delphi 1, I'm developing a program that access dbase 3+ using my
old pascal units that 'sees' the dbase files, which means that I do
not use the BDEngine... but once compiled and run on another system it
gives an error stating it 'cannot load BDEngine'

I assume one of the routines must be activating the engine.

How does one disable any access to BDE ?

Any assistance would be welcome.

Thanks in advance..Deon!
 _
| \
|_/
| LATO
| LUTO :-)

Re:BDE problem...help needed

Deon wrote in message <35d1294...@news1.mweb.co.za>...

>How does one disable any access to BDE ?

Make sure none of your units are using DBIProcs, DBITypes and DBIErrs.

        -- Kirk

Re:BDE problem...help needed

"kroma" <kr...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>Deon wrote in message <35d1294...@news1.mweb.co.za>...

>>How does one disable any access to BDE ?

>Make sure none of your units are using DBIProcs, DBITypes and DBIErrs.
>        -- Kirk

Thanks for the help! :-)

(just for the record)
I battled at first to search for the units ..but then decided to move
these files to a temp directory and recompiled...and delphi showed me
the guilty component..

For now ..Deon!

 _
| \