Problems with big paradox files, is there a limit at 128MByte?

We have faced a problem with Paradox files, if the size of the db-file are
bigger than 128MByte then we have this message 'Table is full'.
Is there a limit at 128Mbyte for a Paradox file?
Are there any ways to get around this problem?

Jorgen Hellman

Re:Problems with big paradox files, is there a limit at 128MByte?

>We have faced a problem with Paradox files, if the size of the db-file are
>bigger than 128MByte then we have this message 'Table is full'.
>Is there a limit at 128Mbyte for a Paradox file?

Yes if the block size of the table is 2K
Block sizes can be up to 32K which will get you to a 2 Gig Max sie
A table uses the default block size set in your BDE config when it is created.
There is a uttility on the Inprise Web site to change the block size in existing
tables.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:Problems with big paradox files, is there a limit at 128MByte?

Yes acording the level and blocksize
Standaard goes only to 128mb  , changing blockSize to 16 and level to 7 go
to 1GB
See on inprise website to example to change blocksize.
Change first level - restruct then change blocksize - restruct, both at same
time
did not work for me

Greetings
Werner

Re:Problems with big paradox files, is there a limit at 128MByte?

A 2k block size has a limitation of 128 MBytes.
Try a 32k block size and the limitation is now 2 gigabyte.
A Paradox level 7 table supports a 32 k block.
Jorgen Hellman wrote in message <6vfiqa$m...@forums.borland.com>...
>We have faced a problem with Paradox files, if the size of the db-file are
>bigger than 128MByte then we have this message 'Table is full'.
>Is there a limit at 128Mbyte for a Paradox file?
>Are there any ways to get around this problem?

>Jorgen Hellman

Other Threads