An error occured while attempting to initialize the BDE (error $2A04)

Check NetDir, PrivDir and delete orphaned *.LCK files.

LpZill

Re:An error occured while attempting to initialize the BDE (error $2A04)

Hi,

I've  problem when I'm updating data in a system,at the server appear
 'An error occured while attempting to initialize the BDE (error $2A04)'.

We use:  BDE 5.1,Paradox,Delphi 3.0

It cause others system{*word*154}...the last solution we have to restart the
server...Is there any other way to handle this situation ???

Re:An error occured while attempting to initialize the BDE (error $2A04)

This error-code, "operation not applicable," indicates a programming
error within the application.  At the point when the problem appears, it
is possible that the application holds some kind of lock . . .

On 14 Apr 2000 00:55:14 GMT, "lin" <ros...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've problem while trying to update data in an application system the error appear
> 'An error occured while attempting to initialize the BDE (error $2A04)'.
> This cause all other application system hang..
> BDE 5.1, Paradox,Delphi 3.0.

I have seen cases where the BDE will fail to initialize if you are
launching a BDE application with great frequency.  I had a worked with a
situation where a BDE application was being launched at a rate of 30-40
times a minute.  This application encountered this error you mentioned.
This is also documented in the BDE README.TXT file...

IIRC,  the solution to this is to re-write the application so that it does
not use the BDE.  I did not like that when I had encountered my problem a
year or two ago,  but the ODBC API is not that difficult.  I believe there
is even an example program (written in C++) in Code Central which emulates
the basic TQuery functionality using the ODBC API without the BDE...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
http://www.teamb.com                                      JersW...@wwa.com
Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam

Other Threads