Rename Access Table which is using a reserved name

Hi
I am doing a conversion for a client.  They have an Access database with
one of the tables in it called Catalog.  I can open the Access database
and all other files except this one.  I can see the list of all the
tables in this database, its when I try to open it that the Delphi
program bombs.
If I go into Access and rename the table then I can open it up and it
works perfectly.

Is there an easy way to rename a table in Delphi using Ado?
--
Cheers
Glenn Shukster of Gms Computing Inc.  Thornhill, Ont. Canada

Re:Rename Access Table which is using a reserved name

>I am doing a conversion for a client.  They have an Access database with
>one of the tables in it called Catalog.  I can open the Access database
>and all other files except this one.  I can see the list of all the
>tables in this database, its when I try to open it that the Delphi
>program bombs.

How are you trying to open it?  Catalog is a key work so Try using brackets
Select * from [Catalog]
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Rename Access Table which is using a reserved name

Thanks Brian
That worked and is much easier than renaming the table.

--
Cheers
Glenn Shukster of Gms Computing Inc.  Thornhill, Ont. Canada
Phone:(905)771-6458   Fax:(905)771-6819   http://members.home.net/gms
President of TDUG  http://www.tdug.com

Other Threads