Editing Messages. Help

Hi. I'm creating an aplication in Delphi, but i have a really big problem.

Problem: The message box of Delphi only have the messages in one language, and
my customer's don't like the messages in english.

Question 1: How could i edit the messages of Delphi like this:

        Example: message before delete a record, i want to put  the message in
portuguese.

Question 2: I need to put the message buttons in the same language:

        Yes = Sim
        No  = N?o
        Retry = Tentar
        Help = Ajuda

Help me. I finish this aplication, but the messagebox have all messages in
english.

The big Question: IS THERE ANYWAY TO EDIT THIS STANDARD MESSAGES?
SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT I NEED A RESSOURCE EDITOR, IS THAT TRUE?
WHERE COULD I FIND THAT RESSOURCE EDITOR?

Re:Editing Messages. Help

It depends, what version of Delphi you have. If you have advanced version
with VCL source, you probably find all the strings in .RC resource files.
Edit these files, and compile with BRCC/BRCC32 resource compiler in to
.RES files.
  With Borland Resource Workshop resource editor you can edit the strings
directly in .RES files and also in the final EXE.

Standard Windows message buttons OK, Cancel etc. are dependent on the
Windows language version. With Spanish Win version messages should automatically
be in Spanish.

Markku Nevalainen

Marco Antonio Soares Branco wrote:

> Hi. I'm creating an aplication in Delphi, but i have a really big problem.

> Problem: The message box of Delphi only have the messages in one language, and
> my customer's don't like the messages in english.

> Question 1: How could i edit the messages of Delphi like this:

>         Example: message before delete a record, i want to put  the message in
> portuguese.

> Question 2: I need to put the message buttons in the same language:

>         Yes = Sim
>         No  = N?o
>         Retry = Tentar
>         Help = Ajuda

> Help me. I finish this aplication, but the messagebox have all messages in
> english.

> The big Question: IS THERE ANYWAY TO EDIT THIS STANDARD MESSAGES?
> SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT I NEED A RESSOURCE EDITOR, IS THAT TRUE?
> WHERE COULD I FIND THAT RESSOURCE EDITOR?

Other Threads