Saving/Reading components to/from streams

Hi people,

In an application I need to create identical copies of components. That
means that if I have a tpanel with several tedits, I need a new instance
of this panel, with the same values for the properties and containing
the same components as the first one.

I imagined the problem could be solved by saving the panel to a stream
and reading it again into a new variable. Unfortunately, I had no
success. Copying each property manually would expect thousands of
lines...

I would appreciate any help. If copying panels were really possible, I
would be able implement some interesting solutions for managing a kind
of grids with complex interface (several lines, fields for editing, even
radiobuttons and much more).

Daniel Felix Ferber