Design patterns

Hi,

Know where I can find any Delphi source code implimenting the desing
patterns as described in "Design Patterns" by Erich Gamma et al ? I've
found some in the Delphi Informant mag, but I need more. By the way, this
is great stuff. For you who havn't read this book, do it !

Thanks in advance.

Re:Design patterns

Jannie Nel wrote:
> Know where I can find any Delphi source code implimenting the desing
> patterns as described in "Design Patterns" by Erich Gamma et al ? I've

I've seen similar requests in the past but don't really
understand what they mean. How could you implement a
generic version of singleton for example?

Or composite or decorator etc.

All of these patterns are application specific.
They are design patterns not implementation frameworks?

Or do you mean the specifoic cases used as examplesin the book?
(eg. Graphic etc. for the composite pattern?)

Or Am I missing something obvious?

Alan G.

Re:Design patterns

On 7 Nov 1998 10:57:06 GMT, "Jannie Nel" <jan...@viadata.co.za> wrote:

>Know where I can find any Delphi source code implimenting the desing
>patterns as described in "Design Patterns" by Erich Gamma et al ? I've
>found some in the Delphi Informant mag, but I need more. By the way, this
>is great stuff. For you who havn't read this book, do it !

Implementing a pattern depends on the context in which you will use the
pattern. Although it's possible to create some base classes to implement
patterns, and then derive your application-specific classes from those
generic base classes, it's probably best to implement your own classes
to solve your own problems. That's why they are called patterns. They
are patterns that you can follow for your own, particular needs. If you
want canned solutions, check out the Delphi archives. Many of the
patterns have been implemented, although not necessarily by the official
Gang-of-four pattern book and names.
--
Ray Lischner (http://www.tempest-sw.com/)
Author of "Hidden Paths of Delphi 3: Experts, Wizards, and the Open Tools API"

Re:Design patterns

I think, he was looking for examples in Delphi, the same way Gamma & Co.
provided theirs in C++.

You can check out:

http://www.obsof.com/pattern.html

Michael

Alan Gauld wrote:

> Jannie Nel wrote:
> > Know where I can find any Delphi source code implimenting the desing
> > patterns as described in "Design Patterns" by Erich Gamma et al ? I've

> I've seen similar requests in the past but don't really
> understand what they mean. How could you implement a
> generic version of singleton for example?

> Or composite or decorator etc.

> All of these patterns are application specific.
> They are design patterns not implementation frameworks?

> Or do you mean the specifoic cases used as examplesin the book?
> (eg. Graphic etc. for the composite pattern?)

> Or Am I missing something obvious?

> Alan G.

Other Threads